Bantayan Island in South Cebu boasts placid seas and pristine white-sand beaches. But there's also a hidden tourist spot in Sta. Fe: Ogtong Cave Resort. This post covers info on how to get there, the associated expenses, and other tips.
This post is part of a two-part Bantayan Series. To read about the Virgin Island, go here.
- Bus: Cebu City to Hagnaya
- Barge or Ferry: Hagnaya to Sta. Fe, Bantayan
- *Refer to the previous post for details on the bus and ferry.
- Fare: 30-40php, one way (Tip: Haggle with driver, especially if you're a big group)
- Seats 4-5 people
- Travel time: 15-20min
|My mother, at the entrance of Ogtong Cave Resort|
Ogtong Cave Expenses
- Entrance Fees
- Fee: 100php/pax (half rate for children)
- Restaurant is run by Majestic. For the menu, see here.
- Corkage fee: Yes.
- No huts, just lounges and chairs.
- Fee: FREE.
- They have room accommodations, but I wasn't able to check out the rate. For some reason, their websites do not work, but you can check their FB page.
- The entrance fee covers the swimming fee for the underground cave, swimming pool, and beach.
- Swimming schedule: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
|Underground cave. The water is clear, but the cave isn't that big, or spacious. |
|Ogtong Cave Resort is part of the Sta. Fe Beach Club. So here's the beach :-)|
- Cave: The deepest water level is right below my nose. (I'm 5'3" tall.) So if you're bringing kids, or do not how to swim, stay near the mouth of the cave where the water is shallower. You can also perch on the rock formations. :-)
- Swimming pool: The edges of the pool are of varying depths, from 2-3 feet. But going to the center, it can get as deep as 9 feet! So if you're not a fair swimmer, stay close to the sides.
- Beach: Fairly shallow, so no harm here :-)
- Tricycle: The place is tuyuonon, so I'd suggest having an agreement with the driver for a round-trip ride. Just agree on a time, and of course, the price. There are tricycle drivers waiting outside the resort as well.
- Motorcycles and Bikes for Rent: Or you can opt to rent your own 2-wheel vehicle.
- Rate for motorcycle: 300-350php for 24 hours
- Rate for bicycle: 120-180php for 24 hours