One of the most prominent tourist spots in Bantayan Island (which is a tourist spot itself) is the Virgin Island. This post covers info on how to get there, the associated expenses, and other tips.
This post is part of a two-part Bantayan Series. To read about Ogtong Cave, Bantayan, go here.
- Bus: Cebu City to Hagnaya
- Ride bus from Cebu North Bus Terminal
- Fare: 150.00php, one way
- Travel time: 2-3H
- Stop: Hagnaya Port, San Remegio, Cebu
- Schedule: Hourly
- Board from Hagnaya Port
- Fare: 170.00php, one way + 10.00php terminal fee
- Travel time: 1-1.5H
- Stop: Sta. Fe Port, Bantayan
- Schedule: see photo below
|Ferry to Bantayan Schedule|
- Pickup point: To be discussed with boatman
- Fee: 1,200.00php*
- Travel time: 1H
- Stop: Virgin Island, Bantayan
- Schedule: To be discussed with boatman
- *For the above rate, contact Reynold at 0905-1237871
Virgin Island Expenses
- Entrance Fees
- 500php for the first two persons (500 still if you're travelling solo)
- 100php for extra persons
|Virgin Island "Entrance Fee"|
(I'm scared of the scare quotes)
|What happens in Virgin Island, stays in Virgin Island|
- Buy fish/seafood and rice at Bantayan Island first before heading to Virgin Island. The boatman can cook for you.
- Fee: 250-300php
- There is no corkage fee if you bring your own food.
- There is no restaurant there; only a sari-sari (convenience store) where you can buy drinks and snacks.
- Rate: Starts at 300php.
- You can also opt to spread a picnic blanket there to save, or you can eat at the pump boat.
- No room accommodation at the island, but you can bring your own tent and camp there.
- Camping fee: NONE
|One of the picture-worthy "decorations" in Virgin Island|